One thing that many people don’t know is that a breaker can be tripped off even if it appears to be in the “on” position. The reason for this is that a circuit breaker will sometimes trip off internally, without flipping the handle to the “off” position.
Whenever you have power loss that you think is caused by a flipped circuit breaker, follow these steps:
- Turn off any computers or other electronics that may experience data loss if power is lost.
- Locate your breaker panel and flip the first switch to the off position. Then switch it back on.
- Do this with each circuit breaker in your panel until you have turned them all off and then back on.
- Return to where you have the power loss and see if the problem is fix.
- If you have restored power, then your job is complete! If you still have no power here, give your local heat and air specialist a call.
Believe it or not, this can solve nearly 25% of all power problems!